Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Naptime Nugget

Do you have a slow cooker?  

This kitchen gadget has saved me so much money spent on drive-thru kids' meals!  I usually start a meal before I go to work, so we when daddy comes home all he has to do is dish it out!  Chili, soup, pulled pork, chicken or beef, stews-even frozen meals can be cooked in your slow cooker!  Almost anything can be cooked in a slow cooker with a few modifications.  So dust off that old slow cooker sitting on your fridge and get to cooking the easy way!  Nothing beats a homemade meal without all the slaving over a hot stove all day.  Your house will smell wonderful and your kids will be getting better food than those fried chicken nuggets and french fries.  

There are tons of sites that feature kid-friendly recipes.

Here are a few sites to get you started:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Main-Dish/Slow-Cooker/Main.aspx 

http://www.familycrockpotrecipes.com/

http://busycooks.about.com/od/recipesbycourse/a/morechickencp.htm 

If you have any recipes that YOU and YOUR FAMILY LOVE, please feel free to post them!  I'll make them at my house!  I'm always looking for new things to try!  I will be posting some of my favorite recipes from around the world that my kids LOVE!  Korean, European, Mexican...YUM!

I know they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day-and nutritionally speaking, it is.  But I feel dinner with the family feeds the soul.  Catch up with the kids and spouse.  Laugh, relax...Press the pause button and enjoy dinner with your family tonight!



1 comment: