Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

My First Blog! I'm surprised I found time for this...

Aaaaah!  Shhhh...do you hear that?  Quiet.  The kids are in bed taking a nap.  So I thought this would be the perfect time to set up my first blog.  I really should be doing the laundry or putting up the dishes, but this is SO much better than housework!  Moms (and dads!) need some quiet time too, you know!  This is my life...the highlight of my day is naptime!  If there was only a pause button, I sure would press it now!

My husband, Travis, and I just celebrated our 6 year anniversary this past weekend.  I remember that days we used to just go...wherever, whenever we didn't work.  Travis works full time at a telecommunications company.  I sell shoes at the local mall at a department store in the evenings and weekends.  We are making ends meet, but it's stressful.  Especially now that we have kids.  I have 2 beautiful and rambunctious girls. Sophia (we call her Sophi) will be 4 in January, and Danielle (Dee or Danielly) will be 2 on New Year's Day.  My little ones aren't really so little anymore.  Sophie is already wearing girls' clothes and Danielle is starting to look like a "little person."  Pause...right now...no more growing up!

I'm sorry to say but my kids are possessed with something called "The Mother's Curse."  Apparently, this is when you have kids, your kids do the same things you did when you were a kids...ONLY WORSE!  Sorry Mom!  

Sophi is at that "NO!" stage.  My patience is tested on a hourly basis.  But, really, she is such a wonderful kid!  She's outgoing, funny and extremely sensitive.  She was the first grandchild, so she was doted all the time.  She has curls that would make anyone jealous, a vocabulary that exceeds most grown-ups, and she loves to spend time with her dog, Trooper, a stray we rescued a year ago.  We do arts and crafts together-she loves spending time with mommy and daddy, without Danielle.  I think she's still jealous of the baby that moved in and took her mommy and daddy time.  That was hard-"No, Danielle!  That's MY Mommy!"

Danielle is the complete polar opposite of Sophi.  It was really hard to bond with her, or so it felt.  She was born with Bell's Palsy, torticollis and stiffness throughout her entire left side and has been in physical therapy since she was 8 weeks old.  She had to wear a helmet when she was 4 months old and got it off when she was 8 months.  She has sweet little glasses, just got tubes put in her ears and has to go to a neurologist next month, just to be safe.  She doesn't talk, yet.  She is starting speech therapy this month.  This past year has been better than the last.  Doctor appointments 2 times a week, work, chores, diapers, feedings....the list goes on.  But I'll tell you what, when that little one smiles, you can't help but fall in love with her all over again.  Everything she's been through has been worth it and more.

So, I thought I'd share some of my experiences with others.  Maybe some parents are going through these things, maybe not.  Maybe you just want to find time to do some things for yourself, or with your family.  I really believe that there is nothing more precious on than the time we share here on Earth.  Time is short, we are busy and kids grow up in the blink of an eye.  It's hard to remember to stop and smell the roses (or was that the trash we forgot to take out?).  In the blogs to follow, I will share my tips and secrets to staying sane (Ha HA) in this busy life.

Maybe we can all find the pause button and enjoy life to the fullest together!

1 comment:

  1. Very good Jacki! I am looking to following you since I don't see you much. OK so I'm lying...like I never see you! LOL.

    ReplyDelete